Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Afternoon at Portland International Raceway

Oh boy was today a great one for an old gearhead like me. One of the readers of the blog, John Gates, contacted me last week and invited me to be on his pit crew while he was racing his Alfa Romero in Portland. Wow, I could not believe it. Well, today after church I headed for Portland and hit the track. These are some of my pictures from today. Thank you John.

What kind of truck is that out there racing? I know, do you?



A shot of John's coach from the stands looking back. John has a very nice GMC coach. I learned a few things today while looking over his coach.

The red one is John.












Another shot of the truck. Come on now, what is it?


John coming down the track during the race.


John getting ready for another race.








A shot of the car, up close.



Lots of classy cars there today.

































This is a 1200 Volkswagen. Can you believe it. John introduced me to the guy and he answered a lot of questions for me.







Do you remember what this car is? I just shot the door to see if anyone could remember.



I really appreciate John having me as his guest today. This was a once in a lifetime deal for me. I don't know how many hundred old race cars were at the track but there were a bunch. No way I can put up all of the pictures. We had some rain showers but it was dry come race time. What a day. Thanks again John for thinking about me.
Teri called and is at her brother's. I am heading out to pick her up. Sure will be nice to have someone here besides me again. I am about tired of tv dinners, ha.
Thanks for coming to the track with me. Will look for you again soon.
Dan







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home