Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Day On The Road

Sam and I got up early this morning, 6 am, and headed over to Irrigon Oregon to check on Teri. Here is where we found her and this is what she was doing. Very busy getting ready to have a big Garage Sale for her father this weekend.


I Look at that smile. Anyone wonder why I fell in love with this lady? She is a great girl and I will be glad when she finishes so we can be back together. She was too busy for me to hang around. Got my clothes washed while we visited.

Here is what Sam thought about the trip.




Click up the picture and see the guy wind surfing on the Columbia this afternoon. It was very windy. Look at the white caps on the water.

Here is a look at the bridge spanning the river at Biggs Junction.





Not often that I get to pass a helicopter. Pretty neat.




I told you it was windy this afternoon. We were stopped for 30 minutes for this at the John Day River. Seems the wind caught this rv and flipped it on its side.







A little closer look.








And, as we pass by. I feel for the owner of this rig. The wrecker had the pickup truck hooked up and ready to remove when we got by. I guess a larger wrecker was coming to right the trailer back up and haul it off. I am sure both were totaled.
We left Skamania in the rain. It was still very overcast when we got back. I had rather have driven all day in the rain than the wind I got into coming home. It was rough.
Tomorrow the plan is to swap out the steering gear box on the bug. I am thinking I will have to find a new pitman arm somewhere in Vancouver. I hope I can find it if I do indeed need one. I plan to get a lot accomplished Thursday on the bug. I have a busy weekend planned. I wont say just yet what I am doing but come on back and see the pictures. It will be a good time. Hope it takes my mind off of my best friend and the fact that she is 150 miles away from me.
Thanks for riding with us today. See you again soon, I hope.
Dan
Woops, forgot to mention that Sharon fed me salmon again tonight. Oh boy, my favorite meat, right up there above good elk. Sharon takes good care of me here. She is a great cousin and very thoughtful.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home