Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Cruise

Well, here is where I was this morning. Nice little group in Washougal. Teri and I attended here a few weeks back. Some of the folks remembered me. Must have been my good looks.


Can you say "Drive Through Berry Patch"? Oh yes. Sam and I went for a ride this afternoon. Pulled in here and just plucked berries without even getting out of the car. Oh, were these sweet. My kind of place. Sitting in the car we did not have to worry about varmits or the thorns.
Who knows this guy? He must live around here. I see lots of these signs.




How do you like this plaque? My cousin has it mounted right behind my motorhome. I think it is cool.

Here is a shot of what I see daily here. This is a gorgeous place.





This boat was loading in Stevenson this afternoon. Sam and I were just out touring the area. My cousin and her husband just left for a cruise in the 28 Plymouth. Going to pick up a widow lady and she will ride in the rumble seat. That Plymouth gets lots of use.




This is a shot of the train in front of the museum.









My cousin runs this museum in Stevenson, Wa. just down the road a bit. It is right on 14. You must stop when you come. It is full of stuff from the settlers of this area. My uncle Steve came here in the early 40's and never left. I certainly can see why. This is one nice area to spend a summer in.
That Hiway 14 is a nice trip across southern Wa. I love driving the 6 speed across it. Curves and hills and lots of sights to see. Lots of bikes on this road too, with and without motors. Its a road that needs to be driven at about 45 mph from Washougal over to Biggs Junction. Such a pretty stretch.
Guess that about covers today's activities. May go get a few more berries before it gets dark. Thanks for coming along and we will see you next trip. Should you email me be sure to include "Blog" or "GMC" in the title of the message. I do not open mail if I don't know where it comes from.
Have a happy day, from Sam and Dan



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home