Thursday, August 28, 2008

Alright!!!

Look at this one.I followed him right into the hardware parking lot. I am telling you folks drive these old cars out here, they are everywhere. Wish I had an automatic camera on the car so I could catch all of them for you.


For you GMC motorhome lovers, look at this one. Its a Caddy frontwheel drive. Its in the museum at Elkhart now. My friend Nick took this shot and I took it from his blog, with permission.
Alright!!!! Well, that is because everything went my way today as I worked on the VW. I could not believe it. Sam and I were there all day working on it and I got a lot accomplished. Almost have the entire wiring re done now. I have to wire up the new oil pressure gauge. and install the volt meter. Then I will start on the blinkers and horn. I have all matching new white faced gauges in it now. Will have 6 when finished. I plan to monitor everything I can after the old motor blowing up. I might have been able to prevent that if I had an oil temp gauge. I got one now. Replaced the steering gear box and set the toe in today. Went just like a text book deal. I sure appreciate my brother in law letting me work on it in his driveway as he has all of the correct tools. It should be ready for a road test real soon now.
I am helping set up a car show Friday morning, for Saturday. Not sure if I will get to work on the bug in the afternoon or not. Saturday I have 2 big things going on so it might be next week before I get back to the bug. I hope to check all the wheel bearings and brakes before we leave Vancouver with it. I am feeling like a local person here now. Have all of the back roads here in Vancouver figured out now. Took myself to a bug shop today way up in Hazle Dale and did not get lost.
That is about it for tonight. Thanks for stopping by. I should have great pictures from this weekend.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home