Monday, August 25, 2008

St. Helens, Oregon?????

No, that is not me but that is what I was doing all day. helping my cousin who lets me park here at his house. It was an enjoyable day.
Now, when folks say Mt. St. Helen, what do you think? If one says St. Helen, what state would you think that might be in? Would Washington come to mind? Yea, that is what I thought. I was going to St. Helen to help do some painting. I kept putting it in my gps and it kept going to Oregon. I finally turned it off and headed north on I-405 to I-5 for the mountain, which I knew where it was. As I was traveling north I turned the gps back on and saw what looked to be a town in Oregon called St Helen, over to my left as I traveled north. Hmm. I look closer and sure enough hiway 30 went that way. Allen told me it was on hiway 30. South I go with a big u turn and head for Portland to see if I can get over there. The gps takes me right down thru the roughest part of Portland I did not want to see. Bars on windows of buisnesses as well as homes. Gang looking thugs hanging on the corner light poles. Oh boy. I made sure folks could see Sam in the car when I stopped for red lights. 45 minutes later I finally get out of there and am now north on hiway 30 heading for a place called St. Helen Oregon. I can not believe it. Anyway I got to the street Allen told me to turn on about 30 miles out of Portland and sure enough there was Allen's truck. What a morning. Nothing I could do about it. They had been there an hour ahead of me so a good start was had. There were 4 of us that painted two very large rooms and we finished up at 4 pm. What an enjoyable day. Was great being valuable to someone today for a change. kinda been stuck here for a while waiting for Teri. I hope I can be of more help to Allen and Sharon while I am here parked at their place.




Click this photo up and look at the end of the rainbow. It was so pretty. I could not really capture it with the camera. I was just up to the mountains, eastbound on 14, when I took this shot. I hope you can see just a little of the real beauty of this thing.
Teri and I are grandparents for the 13th time today. Our son, Brad and his wife, had an 8 lb. son this morning in Springfield, Mo. Now, we have a grandson to carry on the Gregg name for at least one more generation. I hope he enjoys life as much as I have. Maybe I can teach him a few things that my grandfather taught me when I was a little boy. Grandfathers are here for a reason. I know what that reason is and I do my best to make sure the grandchildren enjoy themselves when I am around.
Pray for my buddy Clyde. He is having health problems back home in Dexter. He is a great guy and a one of a kind friend. I know The Lord is looking out after him.
So, that sums up our experiences today. Hope yall enjoyed that ride through Portland this morning. I am glad you were along with me. We now have seen Portland from the "inside out", if you know what I mean.
Catch you later,
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home