Friday, August 22, 2008

In Control

Just a quick Volkswagen tip. the alternator on the left is one with a built in regulator. The one on the right requires an external voltage regulator.
I know that most of us enjoy being in control of things, at least I do. I plan trips and they usually turn out pretty much as expected. I mow my grass and it looks nice. I can change the oil in my cars and everything goes as expected. Why is that? It is because I am the only one involved. I like that. Now, when we factor in other people we lose control and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Getting mad and or saying stupid things rarely accomplishes anything other than hurrying us on to our graves. It took the kids at the auto parts store three trys to get me what I needed on the left hand side of the picture. As I waited in my car for the 3rd arrival one of them came out and told me they got the wrong one again. I nearly came unglued. I lost my nice southern accent, quick. Let me see it I said. I ran in the store and found it was the correct one. I have worked on this volkswagen for only a month and I already know more than the parts people. What is up? These guys were controlling me this morning until I realized it and about an hour before the above mentioned I decided there was not one thing I could do but go with the flow. So, I just did. Everything was better. At 3 pm the UPS guy brought me only half of what I ordered. No explanation in the box. I called, they were closed. I was simmering again and finally realized it, cleaned up my mess and Sam and I had an enjoyable ride home. I do not even care who obama picks for his vp guy, I can't do anything about it. I won't vote for the pair but if they get elected I will respect the office just as if I had voted them in. Too many people let others control their feelings. Had a guy honk at me this morning because he was slower than me, after he pulled in front of me, and I moved to right lane and passed. Hey there were two lanes. I just smiled. I can not let others contol me. Hey, I am the only one that I can control. It was tuff this morning to keep my mouth shut but I did. I am kinda proud of myself now and my southern drawl has returned already. There is always the possiblity that tomorrow may go my way all day. And, if it doesn't, I can handle that too.

Look at this. It is a 47 Ford. It was sweet. 2 door sedan and it sounded great too. Wish I could have taken a side and front shot as I passed. These cars are beautiful out here. One day my Volkswagen and Mustang will be worthy of pictures too, I can feel it.







On the Oregon side of the Columbia, about 25 miles east of Portland is this fantastic water fall. Teri and I have stopped several times and visited. Well, look close and you might see it from a mile away. I was on the Washington side shooting through trees. Muloma Falls, or something similar to that. It is right on I-84 and it is a park. Stop when you get to it. Well worth your time. See, Sam and I did have an enjoyable trip home. I have driven into Vancouver so many times that I now know the back roads through the country. Much prettier, shorter, and no stop lights. I can actually drive 5 miles in 5 minutes, just like back home. Will head back in early in the morning and try to wrap up as much as I can on the VW. I hope my bro in law is there to help me or to at least check my work. I need to pull wheels and check brakes and bearings.
This is a beautiful area of our country during the summer. Try to visit the Northwest at least once. I promise you will not regret it.
Until a later time, God be with you. Come back and see me when you can.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home