Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nice Vehicles

Here is the Bug. I had it last and it got deleted somehow so I had to reload and it is now first. Kinda messed up my story for the night but I got it on here anyway. I am lucky to have my brother in law, Den, to help me with this project. Actually he does most of the work before I even get there but tomorrow I am getting there 2 hours before he gets off work and starting on it by myself. He has put all of the "good stuff" I have ordered into the thing. I got there today and he had the electronic ignition in it. I am telling you this thing purrs like a wild cat. I believe it will turn out to be more than I had hoped. I will get a shot of the butt Thursday, that is where all the good stuff is right now. We will take the front end off tomorrow and get to work on the steering componants. We will make it so it holds one lane instead of the now 2 lane ride. We put an alternator on today in place of the old generator. I got the wiring diagram from the internet tonite so we can wire it up tomorrow. Someone did a real hack job wiring this thing. At least they could have left a wiring diagram in the glovebox. I mean the old wiring harness was removed and a "new" home made one put in it's place. We will get it though. Got to get it done by Saturday as Den is leaving for 2 weeks in Albeq. NM. Sunday. We will get lots of attention when this thing hits the streets in Dexter. Eventually we will paint it to match the motorhome. That will be neat when the two are hooked together.
I am telling you, I see these neat vehicles every time I get out on the road. This area is covered up with nice cars and trucks. If you click this picture you will see a nice bucket. I barely had time to stick my camera out the window and catch him between cars. No time to zoom. right after him a neat little Smart car came by. I had already turned my camera off. I know a car lot where a new Smart car is and I might get over there and take some shots. Id like to take a test ride in one of them and see how fast it will run. Maybe one of the salesman will think I am a trustworty soul, yea right. I need a haircut, shave, and some buisness clothes before I try that.



On the way home I passed this old Dodge pickup. He loves the truck because he was driving it in the rain. I love daily drivers but this one looked like a show truck. It was slick. I hoped to get a close up as we passed but he looked, I waved, and that was it. No time for a camera shot for ya. Take my word for it, it was nice.









So, there you have it. I am 30 miles, 45 minutes, from the bug. Will get back there by noon thursday and get started. We had rain most of today. Hope it lightens up a dab tomorrow. I might melt. Sam loves my sister in law, Donnelle. She takes care of Sam with lots of treats. Sam hates to leave her house and head back here. Her treat here is trail mis and popcorn. Now, I am popping the corn for our before bed snack.
Yall come back. I love company. Sam does not normally talk back and Teri is gone for at least 8 or 10 more days. See ya soon?
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home