Sunday, December 7, 2008

Amazing Race

Have you ever watched the tv show Amazing Race? I hate that show but Teri loves it. So, like a good husband, I often suffer through it with her. Well tonight they were at the Bridge of the Gods, in Oregon. Ain't that something? Teri and I spent the last two summers right there. We have crossed that toll bridge many times. Our GMC stayed parked about 2 miles from it over on the Washington side of the Gorge. I am sure that if one was to look back in the blog there are pictures. My cousin lives right there and runs the museum on the Washington side.
As I mentioned in an earlier post we often see things and places on tv that our GMC has taken us to see. Ever since I was a little kid I have seen the Golden Gate Bridge on tv and in books. I had this mental picture of it. Well, last summer we crossed it in the GMC. Was not really anything like I thought but it was a sight to see. We even passed Alcatraz before we got to the bridge. I had also heard of that prison since I was a kid.
Just so many places that we see on tv and in books where we have now been in person. All because of that old motorhome. There is no better way to see this USA than in an rv. I can't wait to get rolling in 3 weeks. We are hoping to spend time in Quartzsite this January. We have planned this 3 years straight. Things came up that prevented us from making it the first two but I think this is the year. Can't wait. Our GMC loves living in the desert with no hookups.
Teri is doing real good. She went to church with me this morning and has been up and about for a couple of days now. Looks like she may very well be able to travel soon. That is great.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home