Friday, December 5, 2008

Nippy in Southeast Missouri

Whewee! We woke up to a chilly morning here. Well, it may have been a little after "morning" when I woke up today. But it was still cold. Remember, I am being a nurse here and was up pretty late.
I ran to Walmart at 2 pm and the bank said 31 degrees. I figure that was our high for the day here in Dexter. The little 12 volt heater, in the bug, did a great job keeping me comfortable. The doors leak air but I will have that fixed as soon as the new, used, doors get here. They should be here next week sometime. Hope to get the car inside a friend's shop and swap out the doors.
I bet it is down to 20 outside now. Our remote thermometer works when it wants to and I guess it is too cold for it tonight. We have the same problem with the one in the GMC. I am not sure just why we can not get one that works like it should. For a while I could pick up the reading from a neighbor across the street but I no longer get his reading either. Just believe me, it is cold here. No wind and that is great, with sun all day.
I have several little things to get done on the VW but is too cold for me to be outside. We are fixing the VW to pull behind our motorhome. I told you that I have a guy that will help me paint it to match the coach. A friend north of town can paint and said he would shoot it if I help him get it ready. Have to paint the interior too as we will be changing the color and it is yellow inside. Going to change the interior to black. Anyway, when we get back here in the Spring I will get busy on that. It will look good behind the coach in matching colors. I just don't think I can leave that yellow on it.
Have I said anything about it being cold here?
Teri has done well so far. The shot is wearing off but she has some pain pills. I had to force her to start taking them before the shot wore off. That was what the nurse and doctor told me to do. So, I almost made her mad but we got her taking them. We really appreciate all of the calls and emails. We had some of my relatives visiting us this afternoon and they brought us some banana bread. We are really blessed with good family and friends. Six sat with me yesterday while Teri was in surgery. More would have come if we wanted. We feel very fortunate that we can call on folks for help if we need it. Our next door neighbor is a nurse and has offered her assistance also.
Well, I need to check the heat, it is kinda nippy here. Thanks for checking on us. We are doing great.
Dan

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2008 at 5:36 AM , Blogger GMCS 4 US said...

Hope all is going well with Teri...

We're missing you two here at the GMCSJ rally in Benson.

}{ugggsssssss
Kevin

 
At December 8, 2008 at 5:48 PM , Blogger retirement travels said...

try putting a new battery in your thermometer and that should fix it. Anne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home