Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Mountain Tops are White

Oh yea, we are in Az. the temp got cold here last night and my water lines had a little water left in them. Guess what? I got them thawed in an hour. Was not bad. Got to get out there tonight and wrap a couple of lines that were lying against the floor of the coach. Got a little space heater going out there right now. Need to fire up the furnace. May do that in a little while. I am afraid it will get cold again tonight. I may sleep out there if I can get the bed "sleepable", ha. Had to drag everything from under it so I could get to the water pump.
Was a pretty good trip for me but I was unable to get on line as Teri was not feeling well so I drove the entire trip. We left Dexter at 230 pm yesterday. We hit the back of the storm just south of Walnut Ridge. WOW, it was a wall. Totally a wall of rain and wind when we hit it, no seeing anything but the little white line on the right side of the road. I had the flashers going and we creeped along. We were in it off and on until we got south of Little Rock but nothing like that initial blast. The temperature was 74 degrees in Arkansas. I saw it at 17 in West Texas this morning as we climbed through the mountains.
I am always looking for a better route. I hate going through Dallas. For a couple of years I have been looking at this hiway, 380 I think, that gets off of 30 at Greenville, Tx. Nice road but too many stop lights. Will just keep going through Dallas/Ft. Worth I rekon. Was no traffic so it was alright but I hit the wrong road over in podunk city Tx., west of 35, and cost me a few miles. Planned to come out over west of Weatherford but instead came back in on 820 up north of the metro area.
It really gets dark about 3 in the morning. We hit a coyote this morning over in West Tx. I never even saw it coming. It was a totally bad day for that little fella. No damage that I can see on the car. I guess that was what it was, never really saw anything but a gray blur, then a THUMP.
So, I got the lines thawed, moved the coach and leveled it with the bags. The old girl fired right up. I love that fuel injection. Got to move some stuff around in there so I can sleep somewhere.
Thanks for riding along. Wish I could have conversed a little with you along the way. Gasoline was 1.35 up to 1.75. Not bad. I don't mind filling up the car for 7 bux. We did not set any records on fuel mileage. When we hit daylight I was ready for those 80 mph speed limits in West Tx.
Have a good week. I will be back. 22 hours. Was a little slow but am glad to have that 1400 miles behind us.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home