Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Short Timers

Well, the time for departure is at hand. Believe it or not, we have been home for 3 months, a little over. Lots has happened since we left the GMC in Arizona. I will fill you in later. I guess Saturday morning about 4 am we will pull out of here and make a b line across Texas. We were the last ones to leave the church building tonight. Spent a long time visiting and saying goodbye to our friends here. We will miss them. So close to our group here in Dexter. We attend services in lots of places but there just is no place like home. Teri hates to leave worse than I do. We love the folks at the Duncan congregation too, just not near as many of them as there are here.
Today was really warm. We ran over to our daughter's and swapped a few gifts. I got to play with the kids for a couple of hours. Colsyn knows that his grandpa is friends with John Wayne and that the Duke lives in Tucson. We will actually be in Tucson next week so I need to find a life size poster somewhere of the Duke and get a pic of him and me for Colsyn. That would really make his day. Tomorrow night little Marci Claire is coming to spend the night with us. We also have Tyler coming. Those two are real buddies. Should be lots of fun. Friday night my cousin and her husband from Alabama are driopping by and we will go out for supper and a visit. Going to be busy right up til we leave.
I got 2 new wiper blades on the Vibe this afternoon. Had the oil changed yesterday. Need to swap out a blown headlight sometime tomorrow. I also piddled with the VW Bug today and fixed a wiring problem that I had. That had been bugging me for 2 months. Finally have it fixed. Took it for a spin around town so I could laugh as I drove past Walmart and looked at all of those cars in the parking lot. Gasoline was 1.32.9. We will fill the Vibe up tomorrow or Friday. Running over to my aunt's in Poplar Bluff for lunch tomorrow.
So, we are going to be busy. I am glad we left most of our clothes and stuff in the GMC. We should have room to stretch out in the back of the Vibe this time, maybe.
Teri and I wish all of our friends a very Merry Christmas. Come ride along with us this weekend. We will be online and taking pics as we travel.
Dan

1 Comments:

At December 25, 2008 at 3:28 AM , Blogger Bill said...

John Wayne, you're bad!

Hope you have a good journey.
Bill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home