Friday, December 19, 2008

Almost Christmas



We hope everyone is about ready for Christmas. Will be lots of folks traveling this weekend and right up through next week. Please be careful if you are going to be on the roads. One of our daughters is coming tomorrow, from Logansport, In. That is a 7 hour trip, 8 with 3 boys I figure. They will stay with us until Tuesday. I think our boy and his family may stop by tomorrow afternoon to visit with us and them for a while.

Here are three of our grandkids out in Arizona tonight. They are messing with their tree. This pose was special for their grandpa here in Mo.
Here, we see that Santa made it to our daughter's first grade class today. They are all ready for Christmas out in Arizona. I hope they don't eat all of the cookies before I get there. I love those home made chocolate chip cookies that are real doughy in the middle. My girl knows just how to make them for me too. We may head out there next weekend. Will have to see what Teri has in mind. I do not want to travel on a day when the traffic is heavy. Will see which day I think that might be. Its 1400 miles and 20 hours so we will leave in the dark and get there in the dark. I try to travel through Texas in the dark so Teri does not complain about that 800 miles. I love traveling though Texas myself. Hey, the speed limit is 80 mph out west of Odessa all the way to El Paso. I have been wanting to cross the border at El Paso for a long time. I guess that I won't ever get to do that. I saw on the news, just this week, that Juarez is the most dangerous crossing now. I am not taking chances on getting shot.
Oh boy, I am getting anxious. Will not be long now til we hit the road. I love that bed in the motorhome. Our girl has taken really good care of it for us. She checks the batteries for me every week so I know the solar system is keeping the batteries up. We will turn on the refrigerator and heat and should be ready to sleep in it right away. Teri cleaned it all out before we left it. Oh, I bought one of those instant on hot water showers this week and had it shipped to Stasha's so I can install it as soon as we get there. That should save us a good bit of money and we wont have to fire the generator when we are dry camping so we can heat the water with the electric water heater. I think this will be great. I will plumb it into the lp and water system and mount it in the bathroom. I had Teri take the temperature of our home shower water this morning. 105 degrees. I don't think this will have any problems heating the water that much but 85 will be warm enough, maybe 90. We are going to dry camp in Quartzsite next month for a few weeks. This will be perfect. I see no reason to run the generator at all while we are there. The solar will take care of everythig. We use led lights when dry camping. Our 2 tv's and laptops are about all we use that eats our batteries at night.
So, that is about it. I guess I have been wordy enough for one night. My kids get on to me for writing too much and not showing more pictures. I tell them it is my blog. Got Dave Ramsey on. It is hard to believe the shape folks get themselves into financially.
Have a good weekend. Thanks for the visit.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home