Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mountain Climbing in New Mexico

Oh wow. What a difference 24 hours can make in the weather. Yesterday I had the heat on almost all day long. Today, the sun was out and off we went, with friends Anne and Al, up the mountain. You can see that the Toyota did most of the climbing for us.


Look at these rocks.

These holes are everywhere up on top of the mountain.




Here we are underneath a big rock. Wow, this is something. I left the camera card at home so we could only get these 4 pictures to take on the internal memory. What an aggrivation. I suppose Indians lived here long ago. From here one can see for miles all the way around. There is no way a surprise attack could happen here. This mountain is due east of us. The roads and trails wound around for miles. In the one picture, above, you can see the trail we drove. It was barely visable. I am glad Al was driving his truck. I would not have attempted this drive.
This was something for me to see. If not for our friends would never have seen these things. Pictures just can not give the true picture of the beauty we enjoyed. I wonder how many years ago the Indians lived here. It was obvious that this had been a community of inhabitants from long ago. I could not survive here but I certainly can see how folks did. Everything was here. Water comes out of the side of the mountain and runs. There are wild animals and plants that people could survive with as meals. Just some day. Thanks Al and Anne for taking Teri and me up there. Sorry for the lack of pictures, that is my fault.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home