Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not Again !!!!!

Look at this. Can you believe it? I mean, here we are in Az. Dog gone. It is after 1 pm and we have heat on. The wind is 30 mph plus with gusts up to who knows what. This has been going on for over 12 hours now. I was awake most of the night with the coach rocking back and forth and listening to sleet hit the roof. Had to get up once and put the satellite dish down. That is a first. This is some rough wind. I feel for anyone who must be out in it today. The snow was predicted for 2500 ft. and up. We sit at 3600. Just hoping that it dies down soon. Look at that snow on the car. Must be 2 inches thick. The solar panels are covered also. All of this is gone now but I can still see that the mountains are covered around us. Wednesday is a day planned for going with our friends out into the mountains but I can see that won't happen unless we get a drastic change in weather.
Saturday evening Teri and I went to a solar lecture. That was pretty much a bust. Oh well, it was free and gave me an excuse to sit close by my sweetheart. I believe this Saturday is Valentine's Day. Hmm, wonder what Teri has in mind for me? Maybe some new vacuum bags.
We are planning a trip in the coach for next weekend. One of the GMC clubs is having a gathering at Gila Bend. That should be a good visit with everyone again. I think it is a send off for those heading down into Mexico for a few days. I hope they stay safe with all of the drug shootings going on down there.






I may have mentioned it already but I am working on a GPS tracking system that will allow yall to follow along with us on a map. I have ordered the parts and they may arrive by the weekend. It will take me a while to get everything built but when I do there will be a website available and you can see exactly where we are at any given time. I think it will be neat. We are going to do a geography lesson for our daughter's first grade class as they follow along with us heading east toward Alabama. We will enjoy that and I hope they do too. It is a ham radio thing but anyone can follow along.
So, I will shut up for now. We have some more pictures of interesting things and I will post them later today or Wednesday. Teri is taking the pictures now as my 2nd camera from Radio Shack is on the blink, Samsung. You knew I was not up in time to take the pictures of the snow.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home