Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ham Radio in the Motorhome

Ok, here is a shot for you. Don't say anything to Teri. I grabbed this shot before we did our cleaning and straightening up. Teri seems to have this "thing" about not letting folks see inside our home unless it is spotless. She is a great house keeper but I can really give her fits at times. I personally think it looks good. There is nothing blocking the aisle so if we have a fire we can get out in a hurry. That is what counts, isn't it?
Anyway, this is our living quarters when out on the road. I took the picture from the rear so you can see the front of the coach, where we hang out. The 2 seats up front turn completely around so we can use that area for living. Class A coaches have that feature over the Class C coaches. If you look close, at the dash area, I have several pieces of radio equipment there. I enjoy listening to others visit back and forth. Sometimes I get on the radio but not a lot. I normally only visit with folks I know. While out here I have talked with the guys on 20 meters, 14.263 @ 12 noon Az. time. That is a Family Motorcoach net sponsered by FMCA. Also I have visited with our friend Fred on 75 and 40 meters.
From Fred, I have learned about a new type of radio. Not new but new to me. I can get a couple of pieces of gear and folks can see us on a GPS map. ARPS. I had never heard of it until we were at the Quartzsite Ham Fest. Maybe I had but was not interested. Now I am interested. I would like for family and friends to hit a website and see exactly where Teri and I are at any given time. I have spent the last couple of days watching folks drive through our home town of Dexter, Mo, and folks passing through this area on I-10. Today I see a fella from Las Crusez has driven to the border town where I need to go to see the dentist. Maybe it is not too rough to cross. I need to call the dentist and see what he says. This will be warranty work from last year.
So, maybe before long I will be showing a gps signal all of the time and yall can click the site to see just where we are. Now, if I had something to hide, that might not be good, ha.
Don't forget, no emails to Teri about the picture.
See yall soon.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home