Friday, January 22, 2010

The Day After The Storm

Got up this morning and decided we would head into Quartzsite. Seems several others had the same thought. The traffic was more than we have seen so far. Everyone was stir crazy I guess after yesterday. Lots of rvs for sale out here. Converted bus here. Don't know what kind of prices as we don't look at them.
Our first stop was the post office. It was very busy. I let Teri and out and found a parking spot right across the street. Might have been a mistake as there was a great little tent full of all kind of goodies. I had to go in.

Look at this. Drove me nuts but I did not buy any.




More of the same. I was itching. Ill wait for Teri to get here out of the post office and see what she thinks.



As I was looking around look what I found, free samples. the boxes were not empty when I got there. I got some samples. Now, I am hooked.
I found a 4 inch drop hitch that I have been looking for to tow the bug behind the GMC for 10 bux. I grabbed it and then passed back by the candy on my way to pay.
Oh well, 30 minutes and Teri was out of the post office. A very long line she said. Showed her the candy and she thought I should have some. Oh yes. We came home with lots of chocolate candy and it is very good.





Have seen this little truck running around town. Today I found it parked and got this picture. Not just sure what it began life as but it is a neat little toad.







Here is some of the aftermath from yesterday.








They were pumping water out of a vendor area onto the street so it could flow on away. For some reason the land will not soak up the rain out here.
So, after the goat roping day yesterday, today is nice and sunny. I saw 12 amps of charge at the batteries earlier today from the solar. That is great for our setup in the winter. We don't tilt our panels. It started clouding up a little and our small 1 k Kipor has not been run in a year, so I fired it up. We were about 50 amp hours in the hole and will let the Kipor work an hour or so this afternoon.
Is raining now but I am sure it wont last long. Looks like just a big cloud over us and behind it is clear skies.
Enjoy your weekend. I promise to stay off the roads.
Dan








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home