Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quartzsite Wind

I beleive we had 3 diffent storms come through here. The last one was a booger. The wind got up over 60 mph. The rain was not much but it does stay where it falls. I think I heard someone say we had over 2 inches. It will not soak in the ground here, has to run off. All of the ditches are running full tonight. You ask how do I know that as it is dark? Well, seems I thought a trip to town would be nice tonight. I wanted to visit our friends up in Rice Ranch. I drove out to the hiway. South, I could see the cops had 95 closed, I was going north. Cranking right along, about 50 mph, when I lost the highway. Seems it was under water and I was now a boat. You talk about an old man drawing up and holding the wheel. It was all I coud do to keep it straight. Was over a foot of running water. Well, since I made it across, alive, why not go on into town. Certainly I slowed down. 200 yards and another spot where there was no highway. Lucky once, I turned around and headed back to the first one I crossed. I got to get home. I turned the headlights on bright and hit it about 25 miles an hour. Made it. Whew. I may not be the brightest bulb in the pack but I know when it is too dangerous to be out running around like a teenager. I am thankful to God for giving me part of the wisdom I have prayed for.
So, maybe Friday will be a good picture taking day with an old camera with a ufo in every picture.
See ya then. Got to get back to Barrett'Jackson auto auction.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home