Thursday, January 21, 2010

Inside Day

Our friend Ken left this morning. I am watching him on the tracking system head up 95 right now. You can track Ken by entering n9kb-11 into the tracking system. We will miss him but really enjoyed him being here with us. Our neighbors Kathy and Carl have moved up into town for a gathering with the GMC club from Tucson. Teri and I will run up there and visit some when the weather allows.
Here is a picture of our geocaching instructor yesterday. This is where we first heard about geocaching, last year. His nickname is Ajo. He used to live in Ajo, Az, so that is why he has that name tagged to him. He is a good presenter. Yesterday was a good day and our batteries were charged by 1 or so. Here is what we are looking at today. Rained all night and made for great sleeping. This morning we have had wind. The high has been 47 mph so far. When it dies down we will get out and visit with friends. For now, we are inside enjoying our home. We get rain for a few minutes then it stops. It is raining now, but it is not a hard rain. More like a hard "sprinkle" being blown about.
The nightly rains have been very beneficial. We have had no dust this week. If it rains all day we might see some running in the ditches around us. I love the rainy nites but would rather not have the daily winds.
A radio antenna shootout is about to happen on 7.250 mhz. Teri and I will listen. They have various antenna catagories and the listening station is out near Los Angeles I think. I just watched one of our neighbors' antennas blow down onto his motorhome roof. He will be out of the running.
So, there you have it. As soon as the weather permits Teri and I will go bargain hunting again. We have more friends coming Saturday if the weather permits.
I know that we have a lot of friends looking at the blog. If you want me to do anything for you while we are here, please let me know. I recall when I was working I would come home in the evenings and read every blog that I could about the January gatherings in Quartzsite, Az. Now I am here, for the second year in a row. Life is great. Teri and I have certainly been blessed. I hope my sharing our adventures brings just a little joy to your heart.
Catch you later.
Dan


1 Comments:

At January 21, 2010 at 1:13 PM , Blogger CMAD said...

Hi Dan,
Saw in one of your previous posts about some Solar Panels you are using. Can you point me to a post with some more information about them - or email me when you have some free time (hehe) at twotires@aol.com

Thanks for your comments on my blog about my VW electric conversion. It's good to know when someone reads a post, eh?

I'm also interested in maybe renting a motorhome this summer and taking my family on an adventure. Got any advice?

Happy Travels!
Michael Davenport

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home