Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Forget the Dot

Got up and started to take pictures, card was locked. So, hmmm, maybe that was my problem last night. It was. Back in buisness. Pretend the dot is a cloud or a hot air balloon. Until I find a camera under 50 bux I am going to keep using this one. The dot is inside the lense and no way to get it apart. It is a Fuji that my brother gave Teri. After she let me use it we started having problems with it. I can not wear a watch either, they last no time at all. I guess I am just too hyper.
Look at the antennas these guys have on their rvs.

Rv's for miles. Check out yesterday's clouds. They rolled in about 3. It sprinkled rain last nite for the third night in a row. Perfect, just enough to keep down the dust. I hear these folks talk about the heavy rains. They have never been to Mo. We have not had any real rain here. The wind blows the rain and it looks like more than it is.


For some reason the rain does not soak into the ground here. This is today about 11 am. A few puddles here and there.


This is the dump line. Was about 1/8 mile long at 11 am. Most folks are not real prepared for this. There is a portable blue boy dump with no lines. Carl and I have maserators so we pump from tank to 6 gallon gas jugs and carry to the portable dump and we are back in 10 minutes.




Several of these. Looks kinda like squatters to me.







Just a shot with the mountains in background, west of us.




Two of the best looking ladies in the desert.

We have a geocaching seminar at 1 so I wanted to get this posted before. Have not decided what we will do after the seminar.
Life is great in Quartzsite, Az. Come on out. Solar charges us everyday, nearly by noon daily. I have run the generator so Teri could make coffee. When I saw her pot draw 53 amps on my batteries I told her to wait, let me fire up mr. Onan. 3 minutes she has hot water that satisfies her. Much hotter than the on demand heater. So, I like keeping peace in the camp, you know what I mean.
Dan







1 Comments:

At January 20, 2010 at 8:01 PM , Blogger carl s said...

You really covered it today! Especially the last picture!

That sure looked like rain last night to me, but then again, I'm a full time Arizona resident. I admit it was not much of a storm compared to the one we drove through in Miss. and Ark. just after we left your place in October.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home