Wednesday, March 24, 2010

GMC Motorhome Convention and the George Bush Airport

Blow this picture up and take a good look at the speed. I was slowing down at the time. What a race track. I took  Grace to the George Bush Airport this morning. She has to be back at work in the morning, out in the San Francisco area. What a ride this was. I felt like I was on a road course with a bunch of Nascar drivers. I loved it. My kind of driving. The posted speed limit on I-45 is 65. These folks were running 85 mph plus. In the picture, that truck had just passed me. He forced me up to 80 mph before I could move out of his way. I had a policeman coming up behind me. I was nervous but hey, he was making 75 plus himself and looked at me like I was holding him back or something.
This is a big airport and is about 48 miles south of here. I felt relieved to be on the airport grounds until I figured out we had 5 more miles of circles until we got to where Grace needed to be. This is a big place. I finally stopped and asked for assistance. Got Grace to where she needed to be and gave her a big hug. Then I headed back out of there.  I really believe that is the fastest 100 mile trip I have ever made and we were in town.
Oh well, Grace is in the sky and will be home by 9 pm. We miss her already. She is Jim's navigator. I am concerned so I think I told you already that I got Hal to get him as far as Las Crucez. Thanks for taking on the challenge Hal.
We have rain here again. But, we have ice cream tonight. Won't be long now. Should have some good pictures to post, seeing who can clean the 5 gallon buckets out.
See you later tonight.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home