Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just a Few Observations

If I could grant every man just one wish, I would make sure that they had a wife like mine. She is great. Helping me tape off the inside of the bug so we can spray a little paint in there while I have the pop out windows removed.


It is hot here so can't work inside a vehicle for very long at a time.
I saw the craziest things while we were in the doctor's office again this morning. Seems like it has become our second home lately. If I was not afraid of catching something dreadful I might just spend my summer days there. It is nice and cool, there is a water fountain and bathroom, along with Fox on both tvs. I could take my laptop and stay in touch with my friends. Turn the house air up to 85 and not come home til 5, when the doc office normally closes.
Today, there was an elderly couple with their daughter there.  I would guess 90 years old, give or take 7 years.The man looked like he had been in the ring with Casious Clay. His face was in bad shape with deep bruises so red that they looked like birthmarks. When the nurse called his name his daughter got up and helped the old guy to his cane. As he was shuffling over to the doctor's door his wife, very loudly, told the lady sitting across from her that her husband had wrecked his 4 wheeler. The entire office began laughing and trying to keep it under their breath, including me. The old goat did not look like he could operate a wheel chair, much less a 4 wheeler. I bet he has a driver's license too.
Next, I see this young overweight lady come in on crutches. Looked like she had really had it and could barely get around. She goes into see the doc. Comes out and is walking, carrying her crutches. Wish my doctor could have worked a miracle like that on me.
I often notice how many of the folks do not have to pay to see the doctor like I do. Why is that? No wonder our country is in such a mess. We seem to be giving free doctor visits to so many kids that have a runny nose or a chigger bite. Teri has to drag me down there and I always have to write a check there and at the dang drug store too.
Oh well, this is nothing new I guess. I just wish there was some way to stop all this free medical care. It is rediculous. If I had no money they would take my house. I guess I need to sell it and move into housing. Maybe I could see the doctor for free.
This blog was started 3 years ago this month. Mostly out of boredom but also to keep our kids and relatives informed on where we were and what we were doing. Why do they call and ask where we are? Bugs me. Why not just save a phone call and take a look? I get a lot of readers every day but they seem to be friends that Teri and I have made along the way, not our kids and family. We love our friends and many are closer than family. Thanks for looking to see what we are up to. Makes me feel that writing and posting the pictures is a worthwhile thing. Next week we are at church camp. I am taking the GMC up there Saturday. I do not rough it anymore. I am almost 56 years old. I have a motorhome and I plan to use it.
Take care and have a great weekend. My grandson and I are hitting a local car show Saturday morning so we will get a few hotrod pictures for the blog.
Dan

2 Comments:

At June 17, 2010 at 11:10 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Have fun at the car show. You should enter the GMC in it. I guess you have better things to do than sit there all day, what with company coming and all.

 
At June 17, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Yea, we do have too much going on for me to take the GMC and sit there all day. Not entering the bug either just driving it down and parking it for a couple of hours so folks can see a nice looking poor man's hotrod.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home