Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ready To Roll

Oh yea, we are about ready to hit the road. Heading out to the Pacific Northwest for a few weeks. If you are one of our friends that follow us on the tracker, by hitting the link above, be sure to put in a dash one after the call. It will look like this; WD0AFQ-1. There is a place in the top right of the page to change the ham call so just add the dash one to our call. That is the Vibe and we will be traveling in it. Otherwise, you will be looking at our bug that is sitting in the driveway here in Dexter.We are getting excited.
 Our 7 year old grandson is here, spent the night. He and I did our best to remove a lower baby tooth last night but it just was not ready. We are swapping him for his 5 year old sister after while. She will stay til bedtime and then I will take her home. We will miss them. It is nice having some of the grandkis so close. Wish we could see the others as often.
Do you text on your cell phone? I hate it. Teri loves it. I bought her a new "slider" phone so she has a keyboard. Now, what I have figured out is this, I can text to phones from my Yahoo mail account. It is free. So, I have some of my favorite people in here and text them daily. It is great. This is how Teri and I keep in touch when she is out running around. We have only one phone. By the way, we have a new phone number. If you need it just email us and I will give it to you. Have tried to update everyone but I am sure we missed a few folks. the old number is no longer good.
A few months back some of our really good friends lost their GMC coach to a fire. This week they made a deal to buy another coach from other friends of Teri and me. We are so excited to see this beautiful coach go to Jim and Marlys. They are getting the nicest, most dependable coach that I am aware of. Steve has completely rebuilt this coach from the ground up. If we needed a coach I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. Steve does everything right and his coach is the best built coach I know of. So glad that this one is "staying in the family". Jim and Marlys are flying out to Tucson tomorrow and will drive it back to the Bowling Green area. Wish I could ride along with them.
Do you have any idea how far one of these little infrared lights will shine? My grandson and I do. Lights were coming on so we had to shut it off, last night, and get back into the house. Kids bring out the best in us, don't they?
Well, ride with us if you can. Check our progress, if you are busy working, when you get in. I am thinking  2 days we should be in Eastern Oregon, where we will spend a few days. 2,000 miles. Then, we will head over to the Portland/Vancouver area. This Columbia River is so beautiful. I had only seen it on TV until a few years back. I hope to get lots of pictures for the blog. We plan to head across lower Ks, on 2 lanes, and up around Denver, hit I-80 then west to 84. Do not plan to let any grass grow under our feet. See ya on the road.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home