Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fire in the Hole

Look close. Just below center is a little hole in the ground. Last week I was near this hole and got stung twice by some little 1/2 pint size looking yellow jackets. I never figured out where they came from but the pain lasted for 3 hours. Last night I was back in the same area finishing up what I started last week. I am moving one leg of my 160 meter ham radio antena so we can cut a small dead tree. WHOP!!! I get it again, twice on my elbow and I have to fight an entire swarm of these little devils off of me as I make my way to the front door of the house. 2 stings on my elbow, right on the crazy bone. Pure pain. After 3 hours I am hoping for 4, then 5. When I went to bed I was up in short order. Iced it down good and I was asleep by 130 am. Had to keep ice on it all night. This morning I am still in lots of pain. Get to church and Teri has to fix me an ice pack just so I can sit still and listen to the preacher.

Vengence is mine. I got home from church, grabbed my gas can, and filled that hole up. I watched one of the little buzzards crawl in and then I put a pint of gasoline in that hole. It burned for almost 10 minutes. I taught those little suckers to sting me. Hey, I own that front yard and they were not paying rent. 17 hours after the stings and I am still icing the elbow. BUT, when it quits hurting I won't have to worry about those guys again.
Life is what it is in Dexter, Mo.
Hope yall are having a great weekend.
Dan

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Good job! Hope you got 'em

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home