Friday, July 23, 2010

Day Dreaming

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time day dreaming. While in high school study hall I often opened a book but let my drift along, wondering what my future might hold. Even while plowing beans or cotton my mind was a long ways off. Sometimes my dad could tell that when he would come to see how many plants I plowed up or covered with dirt. Even as an adult I let my mind run away sometimes. When we are not gone in the motorhome I am thinking about the next trip. Like now. teri and I are leaving next week for the Northwest. We can't wait to see the Columbia River again. Has been two years since we were out there. This trip will be in the car though so you can follow along by checking the tracker as wd0afq-1. We hope you will ride along with us. There should be lots of pictures along the way to post. Our plans are to stop in Irrigon for a few days and visit with Teri's dad. He is a super guy and I really enjoy learning things from him. He has been a fabricator all of his life. From there we will follow the Columbia on over to the Portland/Vancouver area. Teri has family there and so do I. We will spend a few days with them and then head to Tillamook. Ooh, I can taste the ice cream now. The cheese factory makes some mean ice cream. 2 years ago Teri took me there for my birthday. With any luck we will see our full time buddies in Tillamook. They are living in a 35 foot bus they built. We have not seen them in 18 months and I hope we find them in Tillamook.
The trip will be pretty fast out. It is 2200 miles to Irrigon, Or. We will do it in a couple of days. It is pretty much a non stop drive for us. We stop in truck stops and pay for showers and nap in the car. The Vibe gt is a great traveling car for us as we can sleep in the back with everything folded down. It will not be as much fun as the GMC but will be a lot less expensive.
We have a trip planned to Eureka Springs, Ar. when we get back. There is a big Volkswagen rally over there the last weekend of the month. We plan to pull the bug over and camp in a city park there. Should be a lot of fun and we will do some geocaching while there. I am confident we will geocache some on the way to Oregon and back and some while in the Portland area.
So, as you can see, I have not lost my ability to day dream. It is a good thing that allows us to come up with fun stuff to do. I did not learn day dreaming from my grandfather. I am sure he did some of it himself but he kept that a secret from me. He was more into hands on now kinda things. I guess that is how grandfathers are. My 7 year old and I took off last night for a 30 mile ride on the scooter. Those kids love riding on that thing more than I do. Oh well, whatever they want to do with me is fine. Just spending time with grandkids is a real blessing. But, that is another topic. Got to stop day dreaming as I write, ha.
Hope everyone has had a great week. Teri is at camp until tomorrow, in the GMC. I will go up and drive it home tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.
Dan

1 Comments:

At July 24, 2010 at 4:21 AM , Blogger Roadrunner Chronicles said...

What a great looking RV. We met a couple on Dayton who have one and are active in the regional motorhome club. From the looks of the VW, you know how to take care of some great vehicles!

Interesting blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home