Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ready to Roll

Oh yea, we made it home Friday. Was a nice drive home from Omaha.
I promised my GMC friends some pictures, here they are. Wally is replacing a governor gear.

Here is a picture of the removable governor cap. As you know, our's are not removable. This one is. Wally built it. When my gov. quit me Wally brought me one of his spares and took my old one home to monkey with.
Here is the old gear removed. Notice the hole. The gear must be tapped into the shaft, then a hole drilled, and the roll pin is inserted.

Top of the gov. that we can not see in our's.If you can blow up this picture it will show what was wrong with my old governor. The swedge holding the weights on gave way and allowed the thing to move too high, causing the transmission to think it needed to return to 2nd. That is layman's terms. I do not pretend to understand this completely but Wally did a good job of explaining and showing me what the problem had been. He was able to weld the thing back so it worked as designed. Now, Wally can repair these things but it is time consiming to make the removable caps.

As we left Omaha it was raining big time. Teri needed the state of Iowa for a cache find.
She got it. My girl does not give up.

Still having lots of trouble uploading the photos in order. I don't know what they did but it is obvious that they messed us up.
We have been working, non stop trying to get ready to head to the Vdub gathering in Eureka Springs. Well, we think we are ready. That GMC does not like sitting in the driveway while we are gone. It popped a few gremlins and it took me two days to work them out. I believe I got them all.
So, stay tuned. We hit the road in the morning. Taking our granddauther, 5 yr. old Marci Claire with us. This is going to be fun. I anticipate lots of photos. Bug and GMC are hooked and Teri has been cooking  all day for the trip of 5 days. Will just heat up our food in the microwave. Smells like a resturant here and I am on a diet.
See you Wednesday.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home