Saturday, September 25, 2010

GMC Motorhome International Convention, Du Quoin, Illinois

For the GMC folks, here is a link to the photo site where I have an album of our activities here.
http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=36035&title=my-boss&cat=5611

My cousin knew how bad Teri and I wanted to get up here. He told us as we were having lunch that when we finished he could manage without us for the rest of the day. We had a picker down so only one was going to pick this afternoon. I was so thankful. We got home at 1, took our showers, and were on the road by 2. At 4 we pulled into the fairgrounds. Was about 115 miles and very little traffic. This is a great place for our convention. I will grab some photos of the area for those who want to see where we are.
Here is a picture of part of our supper. Do I need to tell you how it tasted?My very good friend, Blaine, teaching a little girl how to catch fish at the lake here across from our coach.

Here we are all ready to hit the road. It was a very nice drive. Perfect weather. As soon as we got out of Dexter city limits we turned off the air conditioner and opened our floor vents. We were very comfortable. It is cool here tonight and has started sprinkilng rain. teri and I were in charge of the ice cream social tonight. We got to see and visit with many of our friends while serving them. Life is great when at one of these conventions. Check back when you can and see the fun involved with GMC Motorhome owners.
Dan
Here you can see part of the lake. They have water skiing activities on this lake, right here on the fair grounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home