Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home Again and Tired

Monday Teri, Nikki, and Carla, a good friend, went to Plymouth, In. for a blueberry festival. They also went geocaching along the way. So, I told my 2 grandsons that we will not be outdone. I have a gps so the three of us took off. We were able to get one more cache than the girls.

We did two graveyards. I was trying to get the boys to enjoy visiting places like this. Lots can be learned by looking at tombstones. I think they are catching on. Tyler is 13 and Timothy will be 11 Sept. 30, same day as Teri's birthday.They are pretty new to geocaching. Had a little trouble locating the caches. I would let them take off first, heading to where they thought the hiding place might be. Then I would take the gps and walk to the spot. We really had a lot of fun. These are good boys. Of course they are, they are my grandsons.

We hit a couple of bridges. The Wabash runs right through Logansport.


Here they are, a little disappointed because I had to get the cache. We need to get them a handheld and teach them how to do this by the numbers. This is a super sport for grandparents and their grandchildren. Quality time together without tv or spending a lot of money.
Teri and geocached up and back. I will post more on Wednesday. Hope yall enjoyed Labor Day as much as Teri and I did.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home