Monday, September 13, 2010

Life is Absolutely Great

Teri is hard at work on her geocache talk for Du Quoin. She has about 20 caches that she will hide on the fair grounds. I am telling you, if you want to know anything about this sport, come to her talk and demonstration @ Du Quoin.
While she works so do I. Look at the item in the photo. It has been giving us fits for about 3 years now and just kept getting worse. It is the throttle body from Teri's Vibe GT. The crazy thing would try to idle the engine at 2500 rpm. When I would "pop" the accelerator, it would idle down but stick. Took a "stomp": on the pedal to get it to open. I searched high and low before finding a new one on the internet. It came today and I replaced it with the new one. Teri's car is back to normal now.

Check this little item out. IT couples the shifter rod to the VW transaxle. I replaced it this morning. The shifter was so sloppy that Teri could not drive the car and I was having problems myself. Replaced this little thing and the car shifts as good as new.We have a family member in the hospital in St. Louis. Made two trips up there in 4 days. Last night we stopped at Mike's in Festus. He is building a baja similar to mine.

He and I visit a lot on the internet but now we have met in person. Mike is good at working on his VW. Thanks Mike for letting us stop.Hopefully we will be off the road now for a few days. As soon as we got back from Indiana we started commuting to the hospital in St. Louis. Our family member is on her way home this evening.
Tuesday we have GMC friends coming for a visit. They will park in our driveway tomorrow night. We are on their way home to Arizona. They have been up in Canada and New England. Teri and I are tickled that they have chosen to stop by.
So, there you have a quick update. The cotton patch is about ready to call. I would not be surprized to be working before the week is out.
Have a great week,
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home