Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We have been busy around here this past week. Trying to get some time in with some of our local grandchildren before we take off west in a couple of days. Grandpa got this tooth Monday evening. Marci Claire got the other one when she got home Tuesday.

I remember her dad telling her not to pull the two front teeth "tonight". I was nervous when Marci Claire called me into the bathroom and told me to "snatch it grandpa". I reminded her what dad had said but it was just hanging there. She said dad did not really mean it so we grabbed it. Then she went to work loosening the other one. It nearly fell out before she went to bed but she wanted it not to come out until she got home. Well, that is what happened so I guess we were not in too much trouble as we did not pull "teeth" just got one tooth while at grandpa's. The tooth fairy came to the Gregg home Monday evening.

Wednesday it was Colsyn, Mari Clair's older brother. He is the deer slayer. Everywhere he and I went he would say, " did you hear about the 8 pointer I got?" Oh boy what a 7 year old can do. Here he is collecting some spring water for grana. This is great water. Someone tapped it and it flows right out of this pipe. No need to buy bottled water if you live in this area.

Colsyn and I did some geocaching Wednesday after he finished his home schooling with grana. I had a tv to repair. Was gone about an hour and half. When I returned Colsyn was finished and ready to go geocaching. He is a good cacher. We took off up to Advance as I had forgotten something on one of my warranty jobs. Got it and headed to a cache out near Studivant. Took us about 10 minutes and we had the cache. I forgot to take a picture so I got one while we were getting water. We have a cache hidden here. I put it out Monday and it was found Tuesday. Folks really enjoy these treasure hunts. If you blow up the photo you can see the little black tube. It contains a log for the hunters to sign. I have it inside a tree with a fishing line tied to it.
 We then headed to the local post office so I could get my passport card. that thing cost me 70 bux. I could not believe it. Now I can cross into Mexico and Canada and then get back home. Wow. Plus, they kept my birth certificate. Takes 4-8 weeks to get the card. Hope they don't lose it. I just do not like going into our post offices around here. It is so hard to get a smile out of the folks. My local mail carrier is great but those office folks, oh well.
Thanksgiving is here. We hope everyone has a good one. It is hard when we have lost loved ones during the previous year. Those sad times turn into pleasant memories as the years pass. Funny how it works that way. Just want those who have lost loved ones this year, we are thinking of you.
There is no way that I can list all of the things that I am thankful for here on the blog. Close to the top are the folks that make me smile. Teri is number one but those grandkids are right up there. Also all of the friends that Teri and I have made. Nothing like having great friends. Teri and I have many. We are thankful for each and every one of you. Please smile when you think of us.
So, go enjoy your day. We will slide out of here as soon as this front leaves us with sunny warm weather to drive in. All things are ready and we are sitting on Go.
Dan

1 Comments:

At November 25, 2010 at 1:50 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! And, safe travels.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home