Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Geocaching in the Dark

Oh boy, I got myself into a mess tonight. This afternoon I had a television to repair over north of Puxico. My appointment was for 330 pm. There are some caches located east of there, out in the boonies. I told Teri if she would go with me that we could grab those caches after I finished the tv. Well, this tv job took longer than most. Also the time has changed so it is dark here at 515 pm. I told her we would go anyway. Headed east out of Puxico at dark. 3 miles out, the road is closed. GPS says to follow the gravel to right and I can get around to the caches. 9 miles later we pulled up to one. Teri grabbed it and off we go to a graveyard. You ever been in a 100 year old grave yard in the dark? Oooooh, creepy. There was no tree where the gps said it was. So, we left that one for daylight. Headed to another one, 6 miles down a gravel. Off I go through the woods. Thorns all in my arms. Using an led flashlight and the headlights from the car. Soon Teri hollars that she has found it. She is deeper in the woods than me and no flashlight. Off  I go and sure enough she has the thing. I got a good picture of her with it but the blog will not load it for me tonight. Missing the one in the graveyard is bothering me. I just hate not finding one of those things. I can see me running back up there tomorrow in the bug and grabbing it.
Well, I got the oil changed and greased the GMC. We are getting closer to being ready to roll west. Need to start polishing on it tomorrow. If we have another 5 days of this beautiful weather I will get it done.
Hope everyone is enjoying the week.
Dan
PS
Got the picture to load. now you can see that we were really out in the woods. It was totally dark. What fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home