Sunday, November 7, 2010

Never Give Up

After church I got to thinking about not finding that geocache yesterday. Was really bugging me. Plus, someone had just listed a new cache 3 blocks from this one. I got the gps out, put the coordinates in, and off I went to Sikeston. I tried to get my grandson to go with me but could not reach them until I was half way to Sikeston, in the Vdub. Check that hole in the tree. Yesterday I had my fingers in there as far as they would go. I was a bit worried about squirrel teeth so I did not linger. Did not have my glasses on either. When Colsyn and I got home I logged onto the geo site. 3 people found this thing Saturday. Ummm, that really bugged me. Now, look close in that hole.

See what I pulled out. The fishing line was visable today and therre it was. Colsyn and I were all over this hole but just could not get it. We have a smiley face there now.

This is a really cool painting on one of the buildings in downtown Sikeston. I do not spend much time in this city, never cared for it. But, there is some neat stuff around. Thanks to geocaching I found this painting.

Look at this post. This is the new cache that popped up yesterday on the map. I just knew I would be the first one to find the thing. Well, there was another Magnolia tree in this park. The coordinates seemed to jump around between the Magnolia and where this post is. It is an open area with a roof. Outdoor stage. Anyway, I had Magnolia on my brain. I picked up a really neat cache on a Magnolia tree in Alabama last week. So, I am looking for something clipped under one of these big leaves. Nope, then I get in a Rose bush. Oh yea, I got myself cut up. The gps kept taking me to this one place and then dumping me. I was here for 30 minutes trying not to alarm 2 kids playing right where I was. Finally, I told one of them I was a cop and they took off. Will have to remember that one. Anyway. A guy pulls up and asks if I am a geocacher. I say yes. I asked if he was and he replied affirmative. Asked did I need a clue? Said this was his cache. I started laughing and said I guess so. He said follow me. We went up on the stage. I started laughing right away.

No more phone outlet. See why this is so much fun. Can not always trust the coordinates to be on the mark but today they were. I should have known. I could not wait to be the first to sign the log. What???? Someone beat me to it. A name was already there. I bet they skipped church. I did not even have a pen so I just logged it on the website and did the same on the other one. No pencil in my Vdub anywhere. I could not believe that either.
Teri was on her way home from St. Louis and I was texting her from my little netbook that I had in the Vdub. Was a fun afternoon but would have been more fun with Teri or one of the grandkids. I would rather just get us there and then let Teri hunt.
Oh well, was a productive afternoon and I got home in time to see most of the Nascar Race. Teri was right be hind me. Sure glad she is home. She just fixed me a hot supper.
Life is good.
Dan

1 Comments:

At November 8, 2010 at 5:49 PM , Blogger carl s said...

You meed to get a big magnifying glass. You'd look like Sherlock Holmes out there looking for caches ;>)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home