Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Geocaching Kentucky

Teri and I had a blast last night. We were coming home from our son's in Spring Hill, Tn. Before we left I took a look at the geocache map. We picked out a few caches that we thought we could grab in the dark. Did pretty good too. Only gave up on one. Started at the 27 mile exit on I-24 and worked our way across 62 and 286 to Wyclyffe. As you can see, the first one is at the Cracker Barrel. It was not easy to locate. We gave up on it twice, but Teri is persistant. She found it.

It was dark. No flash and the camera had trouble focussing. But, you get the picture. This one is also at the same Cracker Barrel.

Now, this one is in Paducah. It was tough. I gave Teri 10 minutes then I took over. It was total darkness. Only the little led flashlight as our friend. A bolt cut and stuck on the back of a bench, with magnet, at an office. We were afraid we might get busted on this one. Cops were everywhere as there was an auto accident in front of the building. Got lucky. No jail.

I loved this one. I parked the car and told Teri where to find it. I looked and saw her jumping and stretching her arms up. I had to laugh as I got out to help her. Someone had placed the magnet box just a shade too high for Teri to reach.

This is Teri with one of the logs inside the car. It got rather nippy out before we finished our hunt. We felt like two teenagers out on a date. We have so much fun doing this stuff.

And, our last find for the evening. So much fun hanging out with Teri. She keeps me laughing. My best friend. Don't forget, it was very dark last night. No stars anywhere. We found everyone that we looked for except one. I got tired of stepping in gopher holes in a farmer's field. Told Teri to give it up, and she did. I think she was feeling the same way. We can grab it anytime but daylight will be our next attack on it.
Life is so much fun when you are married to your best friend. Never a dull moment. I mean, what other couple would get into some of the stuff that we do? Geocaching is cheap entertainment.
We rolled in to the house just before midnight Monday evening.
Hope everyone got out and voted today.
Will have 3 of our grandkids all afternoon on Wednesday. I better get some ice cream.
Dan

1 Comments:

At November 3, 2010 at 3:30 AM , Blogger mountainborn said...

Icecream and grand kids,it can't possibly get any better than that ! Cache on you guys !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home