Thursday, December 9, 2010

Geocaching in the Desert of Arizona

Got ready to take off and guess what? Dead car battery. Forgot to turn the tracker off. That is our little Kipor generator charging the battery so we can start up and go. Again this afternoon, I sat for 30 minutes with key on charging the laptop and dead again. This is a new battery so I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I was able to get two young men to push the car and start it. It didn't hurt having Teri standing there with the hood up. They would not let her help.

Our first cache this morning. Notice Teri had a jacket on. At 3 pm she had it off and we were running the air conditioner. That is one reason we are in the Southwest for the winters.

Chasing down our second cache. Had to pass one up as the Border Patrol was gathered right on the spot.

This is a paintball place out in the desert, north of Safford. Good place to dump tires I guess.

Had to park the car and walk. Was not taking it down through this wash. This is the spot where the Border Patrol had been gathered earlier.

On her way.

I found it.

Can you say rattlesnake?

Oh good. One on the road for a change. No walking.

Look at this house. Can you believe it?

Another park and grab. I like these.

Back to civilization.

This was a really good one. Held in place by a glued magnet. It was up under the sign.

I found this one had fallen to the ground. We put it where it should have been before we left.

This was a pretty good walk out in the desert.

It was loaded with goodies. Teri likes these. She does a lot of travel bugs. We take an item with a number on it and move it. They are tracked online.

Can you spot this one?

We drove 3 miles on dirt roads to get this one.

I found it hiding right here.

Teri heading to our last one of the day.

Still climbing.

There it is. I had to zoom this shot. Why? Because I only climbed up half way. Dang, it was a quarter of a mile up this mountain. Teri did not want to get this one. I kinda urged her on. Then, I stopped. She would not stop after taking off for it. I knew that would be the case.
We did this til 4 pm and then headed to Fort Thomas to watch our 2 grandchildren play basketball. They both played really hard and we were proud of them. They are very good sports.
So, I think I will sleep til 10 am Friday. We did not get home until 10 pm tonight. Hope everyone is having a great week. Friday has arrived.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home