Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving, The Sunday After

Well, it is Sunday night. I hope everyone's family had a great visit and that all are safely home now. I am sure many of you got your Black Friday fix. I chuckle when I see the clips on the news.
Teri and I had a good visit with extended family members yesterday at a family brunch. None of my brothers and sisters, or their families showed up but it was their loss. Teri really enjoys putting this brunch on for my family members. Maybe next year we will just call it a "Gregg and Freinds" gathering and forget those that don't wish to be here. Some had valid reasons, like 500 miles and some had no excuses and just chose to sit home. It was easy to know they were home because they were on Facebook. Isn't that funny?
We have the GMC loaded and are pretty much ready to head out of here for the winter. Monday was the target date but it is supposed to rain where we would be spending our day traveling so Wednesday looks like a better day to leave. That will give us 3 days and nights of fairly warm and sunshiny weather. I have the tracker running on the GMC so check your maps to make sure you can find us. Teri and I love for family and friends to ride along with us. The link to the tracking system is at the top of this page. Thursday, sometime, we will roll through the same checkpoint in Sierra Blanca that snagged Willie this morning. I will mention it to the patrol when we are checked. How funny.
Teri is watching Amazing Race in the other room. I Skyped her a few minutes to see her pretty face. I am sitting here watching this corny Sarah Palin show. I have to admit, I am enjoying parts of it. Gives me some insight into the Alaska folks. I must also say I do like the girl's husband. He is a special kind of guy. I never had much of a clue about Alaska but my father in law lived and worked there for 20 years. He has good stories for Teri and me. Maybe we will make the trip someday.
Guess that's it. No pictures tonight. They will start coming as we begin our winter's journey in the GMC on Wednesday. Ride with us when you have time.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home