Friday, December 3, 2010

Our GMC Motorhome Has Arrived in Arizona

We overslept this morning. It was 9 am when I woke up. No time for a shower, we hit the road. Stopped in El Paso and got my morning shower.

West Texas.

This check station is to be renamed the Willie Nelson Weed Check. I chatted with a Border Patrolman, he laughed about Willie getting nabbed last Sunday.

Who watches Border Wars on National Geographic? Well, we are here where they film most of it.

Check this out. Cotton on the USA side and Mary Jane on the south side of the Rio Grande. Wonder who makes more money?

The smoke is on the south side of the Rio Grande. It was very smoggy in the valley. I don't know why.

El Paso. Here is a good question for you. Why is there 10 miles of border fence 60 miles east of El Paso and then none for the next 40 miles?


Nope, not taking this exit. No guns this way, yea right.

Juarez. I-10 runs right up against the Rio Grande.

If you look hard you can see the fence.

Finally, after two days in Tx. we have moved to a new state.

Just west of Las Crucez Teri and I pulled in here.

And, look what we found.

A 29 1/2 ft GMC. Had to go in and see if we could find the owners.

And here they are, Dan and Judi, from Canada. They had just flown to Tx. and bought this machine. Taking their time heading home. What a great couple. We visited for over an hour and then Teri and I had to get going. When we got to Duncan and turned on our computer, I found an email from Judi. They have broken down. Sounds like a governor gear and I have a couple of spares. Will head back tomorrow to help them out when Dan calls. He is going to pull the governor in the morning. We should be able to get him going fairly easy. I sure hope so. Just wish we had traveled together for a ways. Teri and I stopped in Deming and then we passed Dan and Judi again just west of Deming, in a gas station. I guess they broke shortly afterwards.

Teri grabbing a geocahe in Deming.

Me and the vehicles wait while Teri grabs another cache in Deming.

The Arizona sunset.

Yep, stopped right on the Arizona line and Teri grabbed another cache.

Teri says I am never in a picture so she made me pose here at the line. We arrived in Duncan just about dark. Got all set up and feel right at home. Thanks for riding with us. The tracker worked great so many of you saw us as we arrived. We will be driving the Vibe all over the Southwest and it also has a tracker. It is WD0AFQ-1.
What can I say? Well, life is good when you spend the winter here in a GMC Motorhome.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home