Thursday, May 19, 2011

Our GMC Motorhome Visitors

Here they come.

Look close at the fuzzy picture in the rearview camera monitor in my vdub. That is a GMC on my bumper.

And, up the driveway they come.
Tuesday we got a call form a GMCer traveling the USA. He and his wife were in Louisville, Ky. They had a split cv joint boot and were slinging grease. Paul and Alana were heading west and thought they would come through Dexter if I had a place for them to work on the coach. We are on the GMC Black List, named after Roger Black who started it. Many many GMCers are on this list and will offer assistance to traveling folks in GMC coaches. It is a great tool to have. I never leave home without it. Anyway, Paul said he had grease getting out of one of his boots and need a place to replace it. I told him to come on. We will be here Wednesday but Thursday Teri leaves for Alaska and I must take her to the airport. Check the tracker for wd0afq-1. I made it to Lambert and back this afternoon. So, Paul says he will be there at noon on Wednesday. He called me from Sikeston and I told him I would be waiting at the 2nd Dexter exit to bring him in.

We raised the frontend right away and got started.

I am the supervisor. That has always been my best talent.

My buddy, the mail man, comes up and makes a smart remark about my supervising abilities. I told him just for that I would make him famous.

He brought me a neat dash magnet button from the Button Bandit. This is for the vdub rally Colsyn and I are heading to in 2 weeks. He thrives on sending us vdub guys buttons with pictures of us or our vdub on them. We do not know who he is. What a guy.

Back to buisness. Paul wanted to try this split boot so we did not have to pull the axle. Tiny screws hold it together. I must admit, I was impressed. I had two band clamp tools and we almost did not figure out how to use one of them. It had been 3 years since I had used one. Finally got it and pulled the band tight. I got an email from Paul tonight and the boot has worked fine for 100 miles. We will see.

Our overnighters Paul and Alana. They left Oakland, Ca. in early January traveling the entire year, across the USA and Canada. This is how to do it, when young. Work can wait. Life is good. They slept in our driveway and were off today when Teri and I pulled out for the airport. Great couple. We hope to see more of these guys. Teri and I love visiting the Bay area. We will wait til they get back to work and stop by to see them.
Well, Teri is in the air for Seattle. She will then fly into Portland. Tuesday she and her father will fly to Sitka, Alaska. Won't be home for 3 weeks. Teri cooked up enough food to last me until she gets home. That girl takes great care of me.
Our 4 year old grandson wants to keep grandpa from being lonely. So, I drove the coach over and picked him up for the night.
Enjoy the weekend.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home