Monday, May 23, 2011

Which Way Do We Go?

This truck keeps winning best of show around here.

After looking it over real good it is not hard to see why. It is a beauty.
Whew, weather everywhere. Late last month Teri and I rolled up the Mississippi River. We came from as far south as you can go in La. to Cairo. This has been a disaster area with all of the flooding. I am sure the place we stayed in Patterson, La. will be completely flooded this week as the water rolls that way.
Last night tornadoes invaded Southwestern Mo. Joplin was hard hit and according to the news close to 100 fatalities there already known. Joplin is 250 miles due west of Dexter. I noticed we got nearly 1/2 inch of rain here over night but no bad storms. At least no sign and none that woke me from my sleep.
Bad weather everywhere. Colsyn and I have a trip planned in the GMC next weekend. I have to wonder what might be in store for us. We will be staying in an open field just to the north and west of Effingham. There will be at least 800 vdubs there. Many of them will be buses camped around our coach. I think once we arrive I will be looking for a safe place to head  should we have high winds. One never knows what nature might have in store.
Teri has been in the Portland area visiting family. Her dad and she will fly to Sitka tomorrow. I think they will be in Alaska for about 8 days and then fly back to Portland. We look for her back here during the second week of June. So far the house looks good, except the kitchen. I have two ice makers scattered all over the kitchen. Been trying to make one run. Not much luck so far. Seems there is some kind of timing issue with our big one after I fixed a gear. The small one lost it's freon in a year. Yesterday Target had a small one for 119. 00 and free shipping. I grabbed one. Life is not good when the ice maker is not functioning.
Hope everyone has a great week. Come on back later to see what I get into without Teri here.
Dan
PS
I am sure that you can believe this. Teri cooked up enough food to last me 3 weeks. Its all in the freezer. Is that love or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home