Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Racing The GMC Motorhome

When I was a kid, I wondered what the older folks did for fun. I wonder no more.

These coaches are fast. We even hold the land speed record for motorhomes on the Salt Flats. Don't believe me, look it up. Why do you think our coaches are called "Hotrods With Plumbing"?

Well, we can race our coaches at these conventions so we race wooden models, just like the Boy Scouts.

Ken B. getting his ready. He was one of the fastest tonight.

Jim K, who takes this very seriously.

Check out the Mini Cooper inside this coach. Randy actually has a GMC that he rebuilt to haul one of his Mini Coopers.

Everyone's favorite, Bobby Brown.

Teri is pretty serious about this stuff too. I grabbed these shots of her for our grandkids.

She has to have it sitting just right before she will get down.

See how close she eyeballs it.

We have some real builders on the team.

Another detailed coach.

And, the crowd goes wild.
The GMC Motorhome people know how to have good clean fun. These conventions are great. I believe we had 166 registered at this convention. That is a good crowd considering the fuel prices. Tomorrow is our last full day.
 Teri and I are taking our coach over to Topeka Graphics to have the roof worked on. Our clear coat is coming off and I want it fixed. Larry set an appointment for us about a month ago, when we were there. Will leave from there, in the car, and head home Thursday. The following Friday we will drive back up, 500 miles, and pick it up.
I hope you enjoyed seeing just a little of the fun we all had tonight.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home