Monday, September 26, 2011

Traveling in Our GMC Motorhome

Grabbed the GMC from the paint shop in Topeka, In. and hit the geocaching trail.

I love squeezing the GMC and car into these little graveyards. Teri is always squeemish. Guess she is afraid I will run over a grave or something.

Check out the scooters. These were double priced but looked good. Going to pick up one of these small ones when I run onto a deal. Saw one yesterday for 325 on the side of the road but we were in the coach heading to church, and it was raining. They go for about 300 used.

Burnettsville, In. had a special day Saturday. Teri and the girls did a 5k walk. I hung around the car show.

This was slick.

So was this one. I love the painted bumpers.

Ok, what year do you think this one is? I won't even ask you to name it.

Had a good visit with the Mustang owner. He is like me in that he has had this car since he was a kid.

1950. Lots of attention paid to detail on this baby. Older restoration.

48 2 door sedan.

Look at these.

They both looked brand new.

On the road Sunday after church. We took a lot of 2 lanes. I love the backroads. We were in the rain almost all the way home. After crossing the Wabash over into Illinois, I got tired of the detours for new bridges and all of the water puddled in the low spots. We jumped on 64 over to 57 and arrived home at 9 pm.

Grabbed a cache early this morning right down the street from our home. Teri and I now have help hiding caches around here.

Had to wash the GMC and the bug. The GMC was really dirty after the 550 mile run home in the rain.

Grabbed 2 of my buddies and off to the drug store we went. I am on a diet so had to sneak a lick from Marci Claire.

Ran down to the spring for some fresh water.

Rylan found his first geocache today. He was excited. On Wed. he will be 5. We are "tight".

Teri's birthday dinner at our daughter's tonight.

I loved this part.
How does a guy know when he is slipping? Well, yesterday at church I looked for the bathroom. Found it and made sure it said men. Got in there and a lady was coming out of the stall. Wow. Did not take me long to exit. Looked at the sign again it did say men but had "wo" in front of it.  Oh well, everyone involved was laughing so I was not arrested.
Good to have the GMC back home. They did a good job with the roof painting. I knew they would.
Thanks for checking in.
Dan

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2011 at 7:58 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Good Post!

 
At September 29, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Armand said...

Dan, how do you have time to stop for geocaching and still do 550 miles in a day? I guess you are still young enough? I am not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home