Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dexter, Missouri Geocaching

After Teri went to bed last night I was checking the geocache site. To my surprise I find new caches here in Dexter. They were placed while we were away in the coach. It is nice to have help in our community to hide more caches.

Teri grabbed this cache where these playground things are in a park, just east of our home. Our daughter takes our grandkids here often.

Nice little hide. It lives with the squirrels. Hope they don't chew it up. I ran one out to get this one. It's in another park where our grandkids play. Also, I played here as a child, 50 years ago.

Next, we headed over to the east side of Dexter. The grandkids play ball in this park. There are two caches placed here.

If you look close the cache can be seen hiding behind the pole. The carnival folks are moving in for the fair next week. We got lucky and no one was in their campers when we took this one.
We have a small park just west of our home. Boone Park. Today I started gathering coords to place one there. I think it will be cool to have a cache so close to our home. Will gain permission and place the cache next week before we leave town again.
I wanted to take some of our grandchildren with us today but none were available. So, I had a date with my gal.
Our community is taking off with cachers. There was a newspaper article last month talking about geocaching. They mentioned 3 of our caches in the article. No one knows who we are. Kinda cool. When we place the one in Boone Park I will tell them the owner lives several months in the black and silver GMC parked just up the street.
Life is good. Hope you are enjoying it.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home