Friday, September 16, 2011

Gimmy The Traveling GMC, Geocahing

Thursday morning we had to get up and roll early. We took the GMC to Topeka Graphics and left it. The clear coat is peeling from the roof. Larry did not paint our coach, painted our Vdub, but said he would fix it. The plan was for us to get there around 8 am and for me to pull all of the solar panels from the roof. Larry does not know how much I appreciated him when he said I will take care of those panels, yall hit the road. 520 miles we had to get home. The real problem was I had broken a rib at the convention and could barely move. I could have hugged his neck. Never even mentioned to him that I was in serious pain.

We have to get Gimmy in a cache. Our plan was to do this after the Patterson Convention and see if he could get to Goshen. The flooding hindered our plans. So, We struck out to the western side of Indiana to be near an interstate. What we found was a remote spot 2 miles from I-65 with a great cache to put him in. I hope he is found and moved toward Shawnee.

This cache has a lock on it. It is not readily identifiable and is on the side of a rural bridge, just west of Hebron, In, 2 miles. I will get the tracking number and post it so folks can put him on their watch list. This will be interesting. Teri took Gimmy from my Hotwheels collection so I have invested deeply in this guy, ha.

A little more geocaching and we are on I-57 headed to Missouri.
Tuesday night I was under our GMC working on the exhaust. I felt the rib snap but was hoping I was wrong. I have broken ribs twice before so I know what a broken rib is. Well, it is snapped. I am in considerable pain so we were in a hurry to get to my doctor. Called him at 35 miles out and he was gone. No work on Friday so I was stuck. No sleep Thurs. I will find someone to get me some relief today if I have to rob the pharmacy, just joking.
What a convention we had. We hope that folks enjoyed the photos. I know how I used to enjoy Arch's photos when I was working and he was at the conventions. I would run home from my office during the day to see what new pictures he had put up. He is unable to attend now due to health so I am trying to keep the pictures up. I know how much it meant to me. Sometimes I don't have time to post names but I do it when I can. Totally unbelievable what I learn at these conventions. Jim K. has blessed me by letting me help with his stuff for sale at the conventions. If I was not courteous the last few days realize I was in pain. I apologize if I was "short" with anyone and will make it up to you in Shawnee.
So, I gotta run now and find a doctor. Catch you again when I feel better.
Dan

UPDATE!!!
Here is the tracking number for the GMC trying to get to Shawnee, Ok.
TB40Q74
Zero, not a capitol o.
Oh, I got in to see a doctor today. The rib is not broken but pulled loose from the cartlidge. Still hurts but I got some pain medicine.
Have a great weekend,
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home