Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Life Is Full Of Enjoyment

I bet you do not need to ask why our girl loves spending time with her grandpa. Nothing better in life than for a grandpa to have grandchildren who love spending time with him. The drug store soda fountain is one of our favorite places to hang out.
Teri is in Portland so I had plans for our 5 yr old grandson to spend the night. I ran over and picked him up about 430 Tuesday. We came home, had one of his favorite suppers, ate peppermints, then topped that off with a glass of Diet Coke and a bowl of Moose Tracks ice cream. He wanted to watch a movie in the den. Got him all set up. About 15 minutes into the movie here he came whimpering to go home. Hey, he got the best I had to offer and now he is going home. Ok. As soon as we hit the door his 6 year old sister was waiting and ready to come home with grandpa. Marci Claire did not want grandpa to be lonesome so she was coming to take care of that. Grana is gone for two weeks to Portland.

Marci Claire is always ready for a ride in the GMC Motorhome. She spent 5 days and nights in the coach with us last year. The girl loves motorhoming. So, after hitting the soda fountain we headed out for a little geocaching in the coach.

He she is with the cache from the Bernie City Park. It was cold and the wind was blowing hard.

Did not take the girl long to get back to the coach. It was waiting for us, all nice and warm. I believe life was meant for grandpas and granddaughters to spend lots of quality time together. What can I say but "life is good".
Teri's dad is recovering well. He had his surgery Monday and is now moving from ICU to a regular room. Teri is doing what she does well, taking care of his needs until he is able to do for himself again.
So, I could say that I am mooching meals but Teri left me enough food here to last a month. Sure hope she gets home before I eat all of it.
Hope all is well with my family and friends. Stop by if you are in the area.
Dan

4 Comments:

At November 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Armand said...

Dan, you are a lucky guy. I have 11 grandchildren but none of them live near me. I love seeing them but hardly ever get any time alone with any of them. She is a real cutie.

 
At November 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Armand said...

Dan, you are a lucky guy. She is a real cutie. Makes me miss my granddaughters.

 
At November 11, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Raymond said...

We too have grandchildren who love coming to our house. We have been extremely blessed with 7 grandchildren. Both of our sons, their wives and all the grandchildren know the Lord as their personal Saviour. What could possibly be any better!! Love your blog. May God continue to bless you and keep you safe in your travels.

Ray

 
At November 11, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Raymond said...

We too have grandchildren that loving spending time at our house. We have been blessed with 7 grandchildren. Our 2 sons, their wives and all the grandchildren know the Lord as their personal Saviour. What could possibly be any better!!

May God continue to bless you and keep you safe in your travels.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home