Friday, October 7, 2011

Life is Good

Teri and I are still here. Having lots of fun as always. We can not complain about anything. It is great living a life with few worries. 3 months after I retired I woke up one morning wondering what was wrong with me. Then, I realized, I was stress free. Never really thought about being a stressed guy but I suppose I was.
We have taken jobs here, part time, and they are going to slow our travels some this winter. Both of us are working in the same office over in Poplar Bluff, 25 miles west of Dexter. It is with a company that we helped close down in 07. This Spring they wanted to fire up again and asked Teri and me to help. Money is too good to pass up right now. I mean, we have bought two engines for our GMC in the last year, along with the high priced fuel. The timing was just perfect. We are working with people which makes us happy. Both of us are "people people" if that makes sense. Teri is better than I am. I get moody sometimes and it is hard for me to keep from showing it. One never knows if Teri is not feeling well, she is just good.
So, I could run out and grab a picture of our GMC sitting in the drive but yall have seen lots of pictures of the thing. Still looks the same, nice new shiny silver roof over black. One of our grandsons and I are planning a car show trip next weekend. Will have the bug tied to the rear of the GMC and hope to get lots of nice photos of cars to post here.
Everyone have a great weekend. Teri is gone so I am practicing my harmonica. She is not too much on my blowing that thing, but I enjoy it. So do the grandkids. We have 2 coming tonight to spend the night with us. We love our grandkids, all 16 of them.

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home