Saturday, October 15, 2011

Malden, Mo. Car Show

We are hooked up and ready to travel. I sure did not like rolling out of bed so early on a Saturday but I made it. My grandson was sick and just could not go. So, I rolled alone.

Got the best spot at the show. There were 2 girls trying to get the cars parked. They had no clue what to do with me. I followed their direction until I figured I better take care of myself. Moved a few roadblocks and got to where I needed to be. I was not blocking anyone yet was right in the line of traffic.

One wild sounding Willys.

Sweet little 6 banger with SS badges and a factory floor shift.

63 Sprint Falcon. I love these. Rarely spot one. Forerunner of the Mustang.

66 Stang. Same body as my 65. Kinda like my bug, a "30 footer". Too close, and it shows to be a daily driver.

Nice Camaro with aftermarket Yenco stickers.

One sweet 50.

My good friend Rick owns this one.

09 Rousch.

Sweet

Nice ride.

Lots of scooters. This was taken as they started rolling in.

A Ford Ranger.

I grew up with this kid. Jan owns this one.

A couple of professional rigs.

My kind of bicycle.

See why this thing sounded so wild?

Nice.

What year is this Ford?

Oops

Slick old Ford.

59.

All race.

My buddy's 350.

All motor.

A few antiques.

Girls like pink. Would take a real man to own this thing.

Check out the front rotors on this thing. Bet it stops like our GMC. 348 with 3 duces.

See, lots of bikes showed up.

This is a Boss Hoss built in Dyersburg.

Somewhere around 1938, not exactly sure.

I don't know just what this thing is.

My favorite.
Well, hope you enjoyed the show, I sure did. Was perfect weather. I walked til I got tired and went to the coach. Watched tv, had a snack, checked my email, and then back out on the street. Teri made me a nice lunch so I was all set. This is the only way to hit the car shows. Saw lots of old friends and many nice vehicles. Filled the GMC up for 3.06 a gallon. No bargain but cheaper than it has been.
Life is good for guys with GMC motorhomes.
Dan

































2 Comments:

At October 15, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger stormnn said...

1940 Ford & I think you're right on the 38 Chev.

 
At October 15, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Nice bunch of pics. Thanks! There's a car show here next Sat. I'll try to go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home