Saturday, October 22, 2011

Geocaching Alabama

The girls headed to Tupelo and Freeman had a game at Ole Miss. So, I cut a trail with the GPS. Can you find this one?

Here it is. A trained eye, like mine, took me right to this one.

2nd one in Haleyville. This is the homerun fence at a local ball park.

Can you see this one? It is hid at a veteran's memorial. Very nice and downtown Haleyville.

Look close.

I hate geocaching a train. Too many places to hide it. I had lots of muggles using the park and watching me. So, I did not get this one.

Haleyville, Al. Walmart. Good one for the numbers.

I don't enjoy the ones in the woods either. I hate chiggars. Gave this one 10 minutes then I cut a trail. No find.

Standing in same place with camera moved. Bear Creek Al.

Across the lake. The trees had been cut and piled right where the cache was. Nope, not me.

Was just me and my trusty steed today. He could not take my picture so I took his. This car has never let us down. Have not told him we are buying a new Chevy yet. But, I will keep the Vibe gt.

My road in Hackleburg, Al. Actually it is named for my cousin who lives down it a ways. My dad spent many of his childhood years here. His brother stayed when the rest of the family moved to Mo. My uncle's son is the one here.

This is now the Hackleburg school, after the toronado.

I did not have the heart to take lots of pictures. Many folks out working on their homes today. Downtown is almost gone.

Grabbed this one in Hamilton. Good hiding place. Corner fence post.

Totem pole in the Boy Scout yard. We too dark for me to find the cache behind it in the woods.

My last one of the day.
Was a good day. I enjoyed exploring the area where my dad spent his first years of life. He used to talk about all of these places, a lot. Now I can see the places he told me about. My cousin is always wanting us to visit so we come as much as we can. 300 miles and it is all 4 lane hiways now.
Will head home after church Sunday. May do more caching along the way. There are so many caches along US 45 we just grab a few each trip.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend as much as I am. Ride home with us tomorrow via the tracker. WD0AFQ-1.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home