Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hamilton, Alabama

Best job in life, being a grandfather.

We get to do fun things. Makes all of life's previous struggles worth it.

Friday morning Teri and I got up and headed south. Final destination, Hamilton Alabama. My father was born here and spent much of his boyhood years in Northwest Alabama.
We decided to geocache our way along 412 and 45. This cache is tied with a string at the Boy Scout building in Jackson, Tn. I had more pictures but they got lost in the transition from camera to blog. The ammo can is tied off to a light pole. Teri found it right away. I lowered it for her and she did the rest. It really blends in well with the foilage of the Magnolia Tree.

There it is up in the tree.

Look close, at the end of Teri's fingers. Apple Tree in Jackson. Our second attmept to locate this thing. Marked as a smiley face now.

Here is one Teri found just north of Selmer, Tn. Easy one for her.

Fulton, Ms. Folks were about to come to blows here. I was paying more for fuel than I had in a long time. These folks were buy the cheapest 10% blend they have seen lately. I got blocked in and thought I might have to convince one of the vehicle owners that I throw a mean punch. He finally backed up enough to let me out. Cars you can not see are on both sides of these. It was a mad house. And, I had Teri behind the building picking up a geocache. When we got out of here we cut a trail to our final destination.
Perfect weather.

Freeman, my cousin's husband, is a teacher and announces the football games for Brilliant. This was the last home game. Freeman is a one man show in that he also sings the national anthem. Very good singer.

Folks lining the seats for the upcoming game at Brilliant.

Brilliant taking the field.

My favorite.

I would be dishonest if I called this a close game, 40-6. Brilliant was not the winner. Last home game this season. Maybe things will be better next season.
My cousin, Ponna, and Teri are heading to Florence to shop. Freeman is gone to an Ole Miss football game. I am about to hit rural northwest Alabama for some geocaching of my own. Should all gather back here for the World Series, 3rd game, at 7 tonight.
Hope everyone is enjoying this nice Fall weather as much as Teri and I are.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home