Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nimmons, Arkansas

Have you ever been to Nimmons? My first trip was today. Check the population sign. They can change the number every time someone moves or dies. I suspect this was a nice little town back in the 40's and 50's.

There are several streets. Here is a picture of the church building.

You are looking at a geocache. I doubt you can see it but it is there. Population of the graveyard is larger than the living, in this little town, just west of the St. Francis River. The town sits about 4 miles from a major hiway, 139, well major for Arkansas. There is even a blacktop that runs all the way to Nimmons and deadends there. If not for geocaching I would never have traveled here.

These photos are for Teri. She was busy cleaning the house and could not go with me. I ran 2 teenage love bugs off to grab this cache in Campbell.

This one is cool. Holcomb, Mo.

There it is.

Take a look at this one. I have found several like this across the USA. The log is a bit hard to sign but I made it. I slid it behind so no one puts a wrench on it.

I nearly gave up on this one. The gps said it was here but I could not find it. Last place I stuck my fingers was hiding it. A good hide. Never give up.
I was rolling down 139 toward Paragould. Grabbed one more just a couple of miles west of this one. About 5 miles on south there starts a run of 12 caches, ending just east of Paragould. I had to make myself turn around. Soon, I am heading back down there to knock them off.
I hate caching by myself but did not have time to feel lonely today. Was about 2 hours of caching and heading south. Took me one hour to backtrack home.
Oh well, I did pretty good. Averaged a cache for every 12 miles. Got 6, was batting 1000 today.
Hope you made as much of your weekend as we did.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home