Friday, December 23, 2011

A Grandpa's Christmas

What better gift for Christmas could a grandfather have than to have one of his grandkids spend time with him? I can think of nothing. Geocaching with Marci Claire, who will turn 7 years old next week, was my partner today. She came and spent the night. Up early, breakfast at Burger King, and off we went. That caboose is in Dexter and has a cache located on it. Was placed there Wednesday. I hate these things. We can't find it. Been there twice in 2 days. Well, it is not going anywhere, we will find it.

Now you see it.

Now you don't. I broke it. Dog gone I was aggrivated. It is a good thing one of our friends owns it. April repaired it as soon as she got off of work. I was really ticked.

Marci Claire with our first Jackson cache this morning. It was a nippy morning, 38 degrees. there were two in this hole.

2nd one in a cemetary in Jackson. I believe 10 of our 12 today were in Jackson. We wiped that town clean.

Always good for the numbers. A fast grab.

I loved this one. Do you see it? Had to slide the plastic pipe off the fence post. Thanks April for the hint.

Loved washing the car on this low water bridge.

Stonewall Jackson. We had to go back to the car and warm up before we grabbed this one. So many places it can hide. We got it though.

3 stooges was the name of this one in a park in Jackson. We got quite a workout walking up a very steep hill to get this one. MC saw it right away, before I got to it.

This is a Methodist church building built in 1809. Wow. See how they covered it? We loved getting out here. Geocaching takes us to some very neat places.

Right off I-55. A travel bug hotel in the woods.

MC loved the peacocks. Thanks for taking us there via geocaching.

Here is one hidden at a nice memorial to fallen policemen.

Very nice.

One of these guys was a friend of mine. We used to fly together. I really enjoyed clocking speeders with him. Thank you for the memorial. Would not have known it was here if not for geocaching.

Home and out for some spring water just before dark. This was after I fed MC some Moose Tracks ice cream.

Check out those nails. Now, how many grandpas have a manicurist for a grandaughter? I love getting my pinky nails done. It causes folks to ask questions and I get to tell them about Marci Claire.
So, there you have it, grandpa's xmas. Thanks for riding along with us. How did you like our lunch at Sam's in Cape? I love their pizza and so does Marci Claire.
Hoping everyone has a great Christmas. I did. Sunday, well I will be with some of the best at church. Teri is coming home on Jan. 1st. Been a long 8 weeks.
Dan

4 Comments:

At December 23, 2011 at 10:29 PM , Blogger April said...

Mwah ha ha. You're not getting more hints on the caboose. And I only hid it to beat other people to hiding it and making me search. I hate them too!!!

You found both Three Stooges and the peacock one? I've got DNFs at each. Harumph!

And what were you doing eating ice cream? I thought you weren't getting any if you didn't find the caboose one?

Oh, and nice nails.

 
At December 24, 2011 at 6:17 AM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

I am telling you April, that Marci Claire is a geocaching super snooper. She does not give up. Peacocks, the gps kept hitting 20 ft. then climbing again. "grandpa, is it behind the cage?". Nope. Well, guess what, in plain view, behind the cage.
While I was digging around in a stump for the 3 Stooges, Marci Claire was hollaring" I found it, I found it". Looked over and she had it in her hand.
The Jackson Stonewall was hardest of all. Took us 15 minutes.
Merry Christmas and think about giving an old man a clue for the caboose as a gift.
Dan

 
At December 24, 2011 at 2:50 PM , Blogger April said...

Behind the cage at the peacock?Really, I looked there! Harumph!

Stonewall may require a hint since the previous logs act like it is not where it is supposed to be.

You HAVE extra hints on the caboose. Why would I want to take away your selfsatisfaction of a job well done when you DO find it?

Note to self: besides taking a dog along as "cover" for why you are snooping in bushes, a small child is a good thing to bring also.

 
At December 25, 2011 at 7:04 AM , Blogger April said...

Another hint on the caboose would put you on the correct STEP towards finding the cache.

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home