Monday, January 2, 2012

Teri Is Home

I rolled out of here about 530 pm Sunday. Teri was to get into St. Louis at 930 pm. Was watching her online. These airline tracking sites are great. Kinda like the trackers I have in the vehicles but looks almost like a radar scope I used when I was a radar air traffic controller. Teri had a layover in Phoenix so our daughter and her family were there to meet her for a visit. Worked out great.
So, it was dark, it was cold, and it was windy. I had time to spare so why not grab some geocaches along the way. Night time is not the best time. I have never done much night time looking but hey, worth a try. Stuck 4 in the gps that were not too far off the interstate. These pictures will only mean something to my geocaching buddies.
The first one is at Perryville Walmart. Quick one and close to interstate.

Try finding something like this in the dark. It was 2 miles off the interstate in down town Perryville. Located at a flower shop. I mean it was dark so I carried my big flashlight. Could not locate the thing but I knew what I was looking for. The name of the cache helped some: Reel Flower Power. But, what really helped was our friend April having a picture of this on her blog. It is a reel to reel film case. Kids would not understand the name of this one.

Up the road 15 miles and to a commuter parking lot. Stone cold blackness and an old truck parked here. Could not tell if anyone was in the truck but I was in a hurry to get out of there. Drove close to this and looked where I thought it might be, sure enough. Logged it and gone.

20 miles up the road and another commuter parking lot. Same idea. Only 2 cars here and there was a light. No one in the cars so I was feeling all alone here. Took my time. Drove right to this one also. Life is good. Logged and gone.
Well, I checked the plane tracking and Teri was 50 minutes late getting off the ground in Phoenix. Let's get gas. 3 geos right around the gas station but in neighborhoods. Did not feel like bailing myself out of jail for being accused of being a peeping tom so I skipped and headed on to the airport.
Teri came out at 1030 pm. I could see her for a long ways off. Wow, she is a "looker".
Had a nice ride home. Cold and windy outside but nice and warm in the car. Had a great big moon to keep us company and I spotted a shooting star.
There you have it. Thanks for riding along. More to come so check in when you can. Happy New Year.
Dan

1 Comments:

At January 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM , Blogger carl s said...

Glad to hear she's back. You both must be happy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home