Friday, January 27, 2012

Geocaching Cape Girardeau

Oh wow, it has been two weeks since we were here. What is wrong with me? Oh well, I am back.
Last Friday Teri and I took Marci Claire to Cape for a little shopping. Then we mixed in some geocaching. It was really too cold but we made a few finds anyway.


They are on one of the walking trails in Cape. Several of them have been hidden along the way. Some have gone missing. We did locate all but two.

The girls off the walking track and headed to the cache site. We are enjoying the new Garmin Dakota 10 gps unit. It downloads the coordinates directly from the geocaching site. There have been units capable of this for many years but we are just now coming into the 21st century with our geocaching equipment.

See the pink coat? Teri is in front.

They found it.

More my kind, no chiggers, or at least fewer. I would not have thought there were chiggers out this time of year, but I would have been wrong.

Our last cache of the day. This was a boy scout cache. You can see it on the wall next to the garage door. Very few people would recognize this thing. Pretty cool but was a little wet.
The wind was kinda chilly. We only missed 2 caches. I am sure one has left the area. We got cold searching for the other one. Will look again next time we are up that way. Still have 20 or so caches to log in Cape.
Got to eat at my favorite place. Sam's Club serves great pizza.
Teri and I both have new internet tablets. Her's is a 10 inch and mine 7. I love the little thing and have ordered a "book cover" for it. We have downloaded the New King James versions on both. I am getting pretty good at locating scriptures fast for bible classes. Just need to protect the thing in case I drop it. Wifi works great on both.
Well, thought I would do a little caching today but Teri had other plans. I did run down to the spring and grab 5 gallons of fresh water. Paid a bill or two around town. The vdub is great for just scooting around town. Get lots of waves when driving it.
So, hope you are enjoying your weekend. Looks like a sunny one here in Dexter. Hoping for a mild winter since we are stuck here for the first time since 06.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home